· Beautifully presented Children’s Clothing and Gift shop
· Prime ‘The Woolmarket’ location in the central Cirencester
· The “Go To” children’s clothing retailer for the South Cotswolds
· Well established, 9 years trading under single ownership.
· Genuine health / retirement reason for sale
· Ideal lifestyle change opportunity
· Extremely well presented throughout
· All fixtures and fittings included in sale price
· Net turnover £280,000, 51% GP, rent currently £23,000 pa
This beautifully presented business is ideally located in “The Woolmarket”, a busy and popular shopping area situated just off the lower end of Cirencester’s recently redeveloped Market Square.
Highly desirable and affluent Cirencester, often referred to as “The Capital of The Cotswold’s” is a thriving market town benefitting from a high volume of local shoppers and year-round visitors and tourists to the area. The town offers a fine mix of retail and service businesses within a stunning historic setting and is surrounded by the beautiful Cotswold’s countryside. There is a large population from the nearby wealthy villages and smaller towns e.g. Tetbury, Malmesbury, Northleach, Fairford and Lechlade, all just a short drive away and who take advantage of the excellent shopping experience offered in Cirencester.
The town population is scheduled to grow to c. 25,000 in the next few years and the immediate catchment area population of 90,000 is scheduled to grow to around 100,000. The A417 dual carriageway [1 mile] gives easy access to Cheltenham Gloucester and Swindon. New town centre developments and a proposed new multi-level car park are currently in the planning stage.
Chaplin Bond are delighted to be able to offer Chickadee for sale. This quality business was established by our client in 2010 and is only being offered for sale due to recent health issues, which have caused the family owners to bring forward their retirement plans. The business has an annual turnover of £280,000 and 51% GP covering all ages from baby and toddler right up to age 11 years and is renowned as the areas “Go To” shop.
Chickadee supply a wide spectrum of children’s clothing and gifts from a number of leading and unique brands, allowing customers to find suitable items for New Baby, Baby Shower, Christenings, Birthdays and Christmas … as well as general clothing requirements.
The shop is renowned for excellent customer service and benefits from a diverse and very loyal customer following.
Our client has an exemplary relationship with around 30 suppliers [10 major and 20 niche] due to their excellent purchasing record and accounts payment history.
Chickadee have supply contracts with the two leading UK organic designer brands and have also carefully chosen a number of complementary brands, which are renowned in the sector. The existing owners will be happy to assist new owners by effecting personal introductions to all their valued brand partners / agents and also to share their market knowledge, business logistics and ordering system information with them.
· Prime trading location
· Corner, dual window position – highly visible
· Well signed
· The generous ground floor retail space amounts to 75.9 m2 [817 ft2] and there is an additional cellar stores facility of c. 47.1 m2 [507 ft2]
· Our client has maintained and improved this lovely listed leasehold premises to a very high standard with a good range of retail fixtures and fittings, which are included in the sale price.
· Good modern signage and matching blinds, giving high external visibility
· Very large [new] front display window, augmented by two large side display windows
· Secure cellar storage area
· Good mix of professionally fitted slat wall and free-standing display modules [with spare units available for rotational display purposes]
· Free standing till and wrapping area
· New LED lights in the retail area
· Mortice Lock doors
· Security alarm contract with local specialist
· Fire Extinguisher contract with local specialist
· PPL / PRS Music License’s